|Pocket for my Ginny's Cardigan from the Unofficial Harry Potter Knits.|
|Nearly finished cardigan with the owl buttons.|
On May 15, 2014, I had finished the cardigan through the yoke, buttonbands, pockets, and buttonbands. However, when I tried it on, I saw that the buttonbands needed more stitches per row to lay flat and that I had an uneven number of stitches on either side of the pattern on the back--making it skew to one side. I decided to frog it back to the beginning of the yoke to fix those mistakes. I still need to decide what buttons to use when I finish it--I have a number of great options. Maybe you can help me decide. I first thought it would be the owl buttons all the way (it is an owl cardigan afterall!), but I really am having a hard time deciding now that I've laid the buttons on the cloth. The owl buttons are a bit heavy (in weight and color).
|Vote on buttons in the comments!|
2. Vine buttons purchased at Shuttles Spindles and Skeins, Boulder, CO.
3. Three crane buttons from https://www.etsy.com/shop/RobertWGilmore.
4. Owl buttons purchased at Shuttles, Spindles, and Skeins, Boulder, CO (no longer being made, sadly).
5. Snail buttons from https://www.etsy.com/shop/RobertWGilmore.
6. Green leaf buttons purchased at Shuttles, Spindles, and Skeins, Boulder, CO.