Monday, September 10, 2007


Friday September 7, 2007

I took Friday off of work and beaded all morning (except for the time between 9:15-10:30 when I got Hannah ready and took her to my parent's house for her day with Grandma Pat).

1:08 pm

2:47 pm

4:08 pm

4:38 pm--it's time to go pick up Hannah.

10:34 pm--Hannah and I had dinner with my mom and then Hannah fell asleep on the way home, around 7 pm--about an hour and half earlier than she usually does--though sad to miss our bedtime rituals--it was good to have more time to bead.

Saturday, September 8, 2007
7:50 am

8:29 am

11:13 am

12:51 pm--I took Hannah to the park and beaded for a while as she played in the sand. She took her nap when we got home and I was able to finish beading and frame the piece.

3:51 pm--beading is done!

Now it is time to frame

Stretching the silk noil on the interior frame using a staple gun.

Folding the fabric under at the corners and stapling.

Stitching the beaded piece to the silk noil stretched on the frame.

Very carefully cutting a hole in the fabric that is stretched on the interior frame, but not cutting the fabric of the piece stitched to the top of it.

Stuffing the piece with 100% New Zealand Merino wool to give it a 3-d effect.

All done--framed, now ready to pack for shipping.

Sunday Hannah and I went to Golden to walk along the river and play at the great playground by the river. Kelly's brother Kevin made it to the 4th round in Super Gas (out of 7 rounds of elimination) in the race in Earlville and moved up in their points for their ranking in the division.


Mary Timme said...

You did it! I knew you could. I really love that picture. Your type of beading is just right for and Grandma Helen's hands are so beautiful!

Bouncing off the Bottom said...

What a beautiful piece of art! I found you through Liz's blog. I'm her mom and I hope to see you Saturday at the housewarming.

Amy said...

Hi Liz's Mom! Thanks! Yes--I'll see you on Saturday--you'll love their new house--it is so cute.