Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Daughter of the Forest



I've always loved the Six Swans Fairytale--one of my first beaded pieces was a translation of one of my watercolor paintings into beads (Delicas--the first and probably last time--they are better suited for weaving than my style of bead embroidery). I even have the beginnings of a novel based on the fairytale that I work on in fits and starts, but haven't made much progress on in years. A little bit ago I came across Juliet Marillier's Sevenwaters trilogy and her book, Daughter of the Forest. I was a little bit sad that the book I wanted to write had already been written. But now that I'm halfway through the book, I realize that there is no way I could write a book that is this captivating, believable, and steeped in history and folklore. Now I'm just glad that Juliet Marillier wrote it.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Thanks for giving me the link to your blog! What a treat to see this daughter and swan, the iris piece in progress and finished, same with the napkin rings, and just to be in touch this way. You've been blogging for quite a while... And for as busy as I know you must me, it's amazing that you post as often as you do. Beady blessings!