Thursday, December 27, 2007

Winter wonderland



It snowed on Christmas morning! All was peaceful, beautiful. We had a good holiday. Hannah was a delight as always. She's been busy with her toys--feeding her dolls, changing their diapers, putting them to bed. I've been knitting on my Dad's sweater--made very enjoyable by a Christmas gift--Knitwits interchangeable needles! It's amazing the progress I've made with these new needles. I guess I just needed a little bit of color to look at while I was knitting--didn't need to be in the yarn, in the needles will do!
I've also done a little bit of spinning on my Loop batts and plied the yarn this morning. I think I'll make some fingerless gloves for cold morning typing--but I'm not going to cast on until I've finished my Dad's sweater.






3 comments:

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

All of it is beautiful, Amy! How did you like spinning the Loop batts? I haven't spun mine up yet. I'm not quite sure what I want to do with the yarn for that yet.

Amy said...

Hi Kristi,
The loop batts were fun to spin--I had to watch what I was doing so that I didn't just spin the red silk on the top or the green wool underneath. Predrafting helped--but I didn't do that until the second bobbin. It plumped up nicely after I washed it.
Having the fingerless gloves waiting in the wings is helping me get motivated to finish my Dad's sweater. That and time off. Time off is really nice. I'm sure you'll come up with something really nice to make from your loop batts!
See you,
Amy

Spindlers2 said...

Happy New Year, Amy! Thanks for the snow pictures. Not looking good for these parts this year at all....